How will you know if you are getting closer to sustainability? Sustainability is a journey; it is a relative term, and no one can ever really arrive at “sustainability” as the conditions of reality are constantly changing. But as with superior sporting or artistic performance, we will still strive for perfection. And we will create systems to judge and evaluate performance so we can compare one actor or one business to another.
At RSI, we work with a number of different reporting and evaluation systems which have been promulgated by really great organizations. These systems and methodologies are designed to quantify activity and freeze it for comparison with peers or sector/industry baselines and goals.
Some of these include:
- LEED – especially for existing buildings (O+M and ID+C)
- B-Corporation for all-around business governance
- EMAS – env. management audit system (from the EU)
- [we’ll get some logos up here too]
These are third-party certifiers who can vouch for the environmental performance of the firm in question on account of audits and reporting procedures to the certification entity. Awareness and preference of certified products and services is growing .
Even without considering certifications, RSI wants you to get a handle on some of the basic environmental effects of your operations. We compare this baseline data to peers, industry champions, gov’t regulations and your specific concerns. Not everyone is going to be carbon neutral, zero waste, habitat regenerative and anti-toxic. But you can measure impacts and know where you are, and determine, strategically, where you want to go.
- We can work with you to measure:
- GHG Audit (scope I, II, and III)
- Carbon Footprint (waste, embodied, transportation, supply chain)
- Habitat Imposition
- Toxics Release Inventory (product, process, supply, conditional)
There’s no time to waste. Let’s connect and get started.